Wednesday, March 22, 2017

What-to-Know Wednesday : A Day in the Life of an SMC Senior



Hello all! For anyone who's been reading this blog for a while, you guys will know that I like to go over my week through each "Sum-It-Up Sunday" post. I include pictures I've taken through the week, and I explain what I did throughout the week both on and off campus, both socially and academically. If you don't yet know why I do this, I do it because I want to paint a realistic picture of student life at St. Mike's for any and all prospective student and parent readers, but I also want the opportunity to do fun posts like "Mid-Semester Inspiration From Your Favorite TV Characters" and "The Importance of Getting Off-Campus,"  which I do on my "What-to-Know Wednesday" posts.

However, a common question that us student ambassadors tend get from prospective students is: "what do you do on campus on a typical weekday?" So, over the next few weeks or so, you'll be seeing some "Day in the Life" blog posts from all of our Social Ambassadors! Be sure to keep an eye out on all the blogs, which you can find here!

As you probably already know, on today's What-to-Know Wednesday, I'm bringing you my own Day in the Life! Seeing as I had my three-hour senior seminar cancelled today, I want to take you through a more typical day for me on campus - so read on to find out what I do on a typical Monday!...



6:55 AM: My alarm is going off, and I'm up and at 'em to start the day (and the week)! I like to shower in the mornings to start my day, and I always eat a small breakfast before class, accompanied by a cup of coffee, of course. (Fun fact: for me, the day starts off on the wrong foot if I don't make my bed, so that's a must as well.)

8:15 AM: Off to my first class!

8:30 AM: My first class of the day starts: Introduction to Sociology with professor Vincent Bolduc!

9:35 AM: Class is out, and I'm either heading to the library or back to my house to get going on some work- depending on how much I have to do!

9:45 AM: Now that I've arrived at either the library or my house, I like to start my work by checking e-mails and doing a few things for my job as the Online Media & Communications coordinator for the Founders Society! Usually, that means getting in touch with my boss with updates, and sending out an e-mail to whoever is signed up to take over our Snapchat account the following week with a reminder! For the rest of the morning, I continue doing some homework - typically, if I have reading assignments to do for certain classes, I like to get those out of the way so I can dedicate my evening to working on bigger assignments (usually for my senior seminar).

12 PM: Time for a break! My boyfriend typically comes over to eat lunch.

1:30 PM: Depending on how much work I still want to get done before the evening, I'll do some more work, or I'll take some time for myself- maybe listen to some music, clean, or have another cup of coffee!

4:45 PM: Seeing as I have an evening class on Mondays, an early dinner is necessary. I usually start making dinner around quarter-of-five so I can start eating by 5 PM and have time to clean up before heading to my other class!

5:45 PM: Off to my next (and last) class of the day!

6 PM: My class starts: my lab for senior seminar!

7 PM: Class is out, and I'm headed to a room in the same academic building to do some more homework for the evening.

9:15 PM: I'm heading back to my house for the evening! I usually like to finish off the night relaxing and unwinding from the day: having a snack, watching a favorite TV show, and/or catching up with a roommate about our days.

11:30 PM: Time for bed!

(Not me!)

What will your day in the life at SMC look like?

Be sure to stay tuned for the next Sum-It-Up Sunday on the 26th!





Let's Connect!
Instagram: @claire_cavanaugh
Twitter: @CavanaughClaire
E-mail: ccavanaugh2@mail.smcvt.edu

No comments: