Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sum-It-Up Sunday : Week #5

Hello all!

It's been another wonderful week here at St. Mike's. Summer has officially come and gone- the air is crisp, the trees are colorful, and we're feeling fall!

So naturally, we felt it was the perfect weekend to start getting into the spirit of things!

After our first time at Papa Frank's in Winooski on Friday night (delish and cheap!!), we made our way out to Shelburne Orchards Saturday morning for the first trip of the season!




This shot had me making a pretty spot-on Charlie Brown reference on Instagram. Holiday-film-inspired captions for the win! Check out @claire_cavanaugh for some more #smcvt !


My cider had a relentless bee following me around for a good ten minutes.

Next, we made a trip to the store for a dessert project we had in mind for all our apples...and I stumbled upon my first carton of the season. This is when you know we've officially launched into that time of year! Haters, look down on the early excitement all you want. But I'm amped!!

Later on that night, we got to work on a festive apple pie. (Yes, those are apple and jack-o'-lantern cutouts on our braided crust!) Jared's floor in Pontigny shares a communal kitchen, and this was our first time putting it to good use. Can't wait to test it out some more in the future!

Brunch in 'Bean! (L.L. Bean, in case you were looking for a quality pair of slippers.) As much as I miss making my own breakfast, Sunday morning trips to Alliot in PJs are the next best thing!

I'm loving this lovely VT fall we're having right now. Here's hoping it lasts! 

Stay tuned for the next What-to-Know Wednesday on the 7th!



Let's Connect!
Instagram: @claire_cavanaugh
Twitter: @CavanaughClaire
E-mail: ccavanaugh2@mail.smcvt.edu

No comments: