Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What-to-Know Wednesday : Spring Break Musts

Hello all!
As you all know from my last post, we're officially in the middle of spring break!
During each break, whether it be Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring, or Easter, I always find myself going into it with a list of things I need to do, and that changes every time. But each break, there's also a more general list of things I need to get done through the week/month/weekend. And it's as follows:

1.) Get Some Sleep!

There's nothing more satisfying than turning out the lights, crawling into your own bed (this time without even a slight desire to stay up with Netflix), putting down your phone knowing there's no alarm set whatsoever, and falling into a sweet, sweet slumber. And let's not forget the glory of sleeping in the next morning as well!

2.) Eat Well

As I've said time and again, even the most accommodating, impressive dining halls can get old after a while, as does the late-night-eating habit. It's always a great feeling to go home to a fridge full of food, and a kitchen stocked with all the necessary appliances. I've loved getting back into the routine of frying up my own eggs again and brewing a cup of coffee into a (non-travel)mug. Yum!

3.) Catch Up on Your To-Do List

This particular break, my to-do list involves a research paper for Media Law and preparing for my China trip! Turns out there's quite a hefty to-do list involved with studying abroad, even if it's just for two weeks! So far, I've gotten a couple of student Visa photos taken, as well as made arrangements to get all the necessary shots, vaccinations, and subscriptions necessary to go to China. Additionally, I've gotten a new iPhone and figured out Verizon's international plan.

4.) Get Excited for the Next Step!

This time, I'm getting excited for warmer weather, Ben & Jerry's' fast-approaching Free Cone Day, and hopefully getting the chance to take a hike or two (for what will be my first time in VT) before we get out for the summer!

Be sure to stay tuned for the next Sum-It-Up Sunday on the 22nd, for which I'll be blogging back in VT and getting back into the swing of things at St. Mike's!


Let's Connect!
Instagram: @claire_cavanaugh
Twitter: @CavanaughClaire
E-mail: ccavanaugh2@mail.smcvt.edu

No comments: