Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sum-It-Up Sunday : Week #10

Hello all!
I'm blogging back here at St. Mike's, a very successful spring break is over and done.
I ate great food, got a lot done for China, and got some good rest!

Nothing better than some intense egg creations for a mid-afternoon snack...
(A slice of bread smeared with guacamole, underneath two fried eggs topped with paprika and cheddar cheese!)

...or a fried PB & J (!!!!!)...

...or mom's homemade shrimp scampi...

Coming home to Massachusetts turned out to be a pretty rude awakening, at least when it came to the snow. I could barely find a parking space at work, I could barely drive through narrow streets (which were made narrower with on-street parking next to the snowbanks), and we even needed to shovel a path to the bare necessities...

Yes. This happened. 

For my last night home, my family and I made it out to a new restaurant in Newburyport called Nix's, and I must say, I might have even found a new favorite spot...

Appetizers first: Parmesan truffle fries with spicy ketchup. Seriously the best fries I've ever had, and that's truly saying something.

Next, I got pan-seared scallops with a candied bacon risotto, spinach, and a lemon sauce. YESYESYES

Last, but certainly not least, we got these ricotta cheese-filled doughnut holes smothered in cinnamon sugar and vanilla and caramel sauces! 

 This morning, mom made some french toast (on bread that my brother had brought home from work) as a fancy going-away breakfast.

The drive back was windy but sunny, and despite the upcoming work, it's great to be back here at St. Mike's!!


Be sure to stay tuned for the next What-to-Know Wednesday on the 25th!



Let's Connect!
Instagram: @claire_cavanaugh
Twitter: @CavanaughClaire
E-mail: ccavanaugh2@mail.smcvt.edu

No comments: