Sunday, April 27, 2014

Coming to a Quick Close

While its been a fun ride, the last weekend before finals has come to an end. The study window that has been looming over our heads for weeks has finally opened...and there's a really cold, unwelcome draft emanating from it.
On the brighter side of things, yesterday was the long waited for P-Day! Yes, it rained, and yes, it was about twenty degrees colder than it has been for the past couple of weeks, but it still came out to be one of the funnest days I've had yet here at St. Mike's!
I vividly remember looking at St. Mike's, deciding I wanted to go there, hearing P-Day mentioned a whole lot, and never quite fully understanding what it was. So for those of you incomers who don't know, P-Day is the Saturday of the last official weekend before finals. Events go on for the majority of the day- the "trike race" (a spirited race on tiny scooters, either to be watched or participated in!), inflatable obstacle courses and games, lots and lots of free food, live music, and a comedy show!
On my very first P-Day, I had pizza, fries, crab rangoons, ham and cheese crepes, and, once again, Ben and Jerry's all for free, failed miserably at the inflatable obstacle course, soaked my socks at the inflatable slide, and very quickly exhausted myself! But first, I heroically woke at 7:45 AM to attend a few presentations at the Academic Symposium, where St. Mike's seniors present their final research projects. Needless to say, it was a very full day!
Photo-ops in the long line for food tokens.


One of the many inflatable games...you decide who the victor is! 

Can't wait to see all you incomers at next year's P-Day, I know it'll be a great first, just as it was for me!

No comments: