Sunday, April 16, 2017

Sum-It-Up Sunday : Week #13

Hello all, and Happy Easter! It's been a wonderful weekend at home for Easter break. I hope you're all enjoying it too, wherever and however you're spending it!

Now that we've got that out of the way, we can't all deny the elephant in the room - yes, this is my very last college break! The next time I'll be home, I'll have graduated from St. Mike's. With only a few more weeks left of classes after this, things are starting to sink in. On Friday, I bought my first blazer, and yesterday, I applied to my first "real" job! It was a wonderful feeling, and I'll to be applying to several more over the upcoming week or so. In the meantime, I plan to finish off the semester strong and enjoy my remaining time at St. Mike's and in Vermont to the fullest! Both have been very good to me, and I don't ever plan on forgetting that. (Full disclaimer: I still can't believe I'm writing this stuff!)

Anyway...more of this mushiness to come at a later date (keep your eye out for some especially nostalgic posts in the upcoming weeks)! But for now, here are a few snapshots from my week (is it just me, or do these almost always end up being 90-100% food??):

Coming home meant another trip into Newburyport for dinner! I've really grown to miss my hometown over the last couple of years, and it's a strange feeling to know this coming fall will be the first fall I'll have spent at home in four years. And as much as I'll miss fall in VT (apple picking, hiking, lakeside strolls, oh my!), I'm really looking forward to spending this one at home!
Coming home also means cooking yummy things! Pictured above is one of my favorites, made last night: BLT pasta salad with avocado-ranch dressing!  Who else is excited to get back to summer food??
 
Easter appetizers in the making!...brie topped with blackberry jam and walnuts, soon-to-be wrapped in phyllo dough and baked! Go Mom!


Ok - now that you're all hungry, I'll let you get back to your own Easter celebrations. I hope your day is filled with friends, family, and food!

Be sure to stay tuned for the next What-to-Know Wednesday on the 19th!





Let's Connect!
Instagram: @claire_cavanaugh
Twitter: @CavanaughClaire
E-mail: ccavanaugh2@mail.smcvt.edu

No comments: