On today's What-to-Know Wednesday, I'll be discussing what just might be the most important element to staying organized in college: your planner!
Whether you're an "I'll remember everything" type of person, a newcomer, or an avid planner-user, take a good read through my tried and true tips for keeping a well-organized planner.
The better you organize your planner, the more effective it will be towards helping you stay on top of your busy schedule!
1.) Picking the Right One
When searching for the ideal planner-purchase, here are a few key questions to ask yourself before buying...
- Does it have a place-holder?
- How big are the spaces for each day (and how big should those spaces be for what I plan on filling them with)?
- Is it too big/small to store in my backpack/on my desk?
- Is it simple and convenient? (In other words, does it have any fancy ties you'll have to hastily untie when trying to catch an assignment/announcement? Is it covered in glitter or other accents that will inevitably end up everywhere but on the planner itself? etc. etc.)
2.) Some Assembly Required
Once you've secured the perfect planner purchase, there are a few things you'll want to set it up with from the get-go.
Once I buy my planner, I like to take some action before the semester starts. I flip to the inside cover and write out some key information that I don't want to forget:
- My class schedule
- Usernames/passwords for different accounts made for classes
- My contact info, in case I lose it somewhere!
3.) How to Use It in Everyday Life
A good rule of thumb for putting your planner to its maximum use is simple: write down anything and everything you have to do. This includes, and certainly isn't limited to:
- Homework assignments
- To-Do lists
I hope you all found today's What-to-Know Wednesday helpful, and be sure to stay tuned for the next Sum-It-Up Sunday on the 22nd!
Now let's get organized!!