Wednesday, October 7, 2015

What-to-Know Wednesday : Fall Favorites!

Hello all!

We've fully launched into the fall spirit here at St. Mike's! It's this magical time of year right after summer fades away and right before winter kicks in, and we all know the pre-holiday hype that usually comes with that! Some people get annoyed by the sudden influx of holiday decor and pumpkin flavorings everywhere they go...but most of us have chosen to embrace it, myself included!

So without further ado, here are a few of my fall favorites here at (and around) St. Mike's!

1.) Pumpkin Lattes & Muffins
     Einstein's Bros. Bagels



There's no better way to get into the fall spirit than sipping a nice Pumpkin Latte. Use your dining dollars at Einstein's for a latte and/or pumpkin muffin (preferably the one with frosting) to warm up on a crisp fall day!


2.) Flannels & Winter Boots!


There's nothing better than bundling up and getting cozy as the cooler weather starts to roll in! And of course we can't deny the cute factor. Bring on the layers!


3.) Apple picking & Baking
     Shelburne Orchards



Personally, getting to take that first trip of the year to Shelburne Orchards is probably the number one reason I look forward to fall! Read more about my first trip this season on my last Sum-It-Up Sunday.


4.) Halloween Decorations 


My suite-mates and I have started to get into the decorating spirit here at our suite in Quad Commons! Throwing up a few fall-themed decorations here and there is a great way to embrace the changing seasons and add a cozy flair to your room. (I would show you our leaf-shaped plate of candy corn, but alas, it's just a leaf-shaped plate now!)


5.) Foliage
     Local parks


North Beach Park, Burlington

Oakledge Park, Burlington

I think it's safe to say that one of the best parts of fall in New England is the beautiful foliage! I may be biased, but I think it's most vibrant here in VT. I don't think it's gotten quite cold enough to see those leaves really change just yet, but it's just around the corner!

What are your favorite parts about fall? How have you been celebrating the changing seasons?




Let's Connect!
Instagram: @claire_cavanaugh
Twitter: @CavanaughClaire
E-mail: ccavanaugh2@mail.smcvt.edu

No comments: